On Thurs., Jul. 31, 2014, DJ BLAK MAGIC teamed up with global superstar Usher to celebrate the 15th anniversary of his nonprofit organization, Usher’s New Look Foundation (UNLF), at the St. Regis Atlanta. His 501c3 initiative that encourages youth to find their passion and succeed in the areas of talent, career, education and service.
Hosted by hip hop artist/friend Ludacris, the hitmaking Grammy winner’s outreach program has impacted the lives of over 21,000 young people worldwide. UNLF has afforded kids the opportunity to shadow corporate executives, provide relief efforts to the less fortunate, lobby before Congress, conduct and receive Powered-By-Service (PBS) training internationally, register voters and participate in digital curriculum.
Program participants, along with actor Robert DeNiro and songstress Alicia Keys, delivered video presentations describing how UNLF impacted their lives. This season’s winner on NBC’s The Voice and member of Usher’s team, Josh Kaufman, gave a special musical performance.
Among this year’s honorees at UNLF’s Presidents Awards Luncheon include:
• Cory L. Nettles – Founder/Managing Director, Generation Growth Capital, Inc., and Counsel for Quarles & Brady, LLP (Servant Leadership Award);
• Kami Luigs – Executive for Citizenship & Volunteerism, GE Foundation (Youth Catalyst Award);
• Mary-Pat Hector – Activist (Global Youth Leadership Award);
• Jasmine Pollard – UNLF Mentor-In-Training (MIT) (Youth Achievement Award);
• Mayor Kasim Reed – City of Atlanta (Service Legacy Award);
• Shawn H. Wilson – Former UNLF President (Godfather Award)
Check out my video recap of the event:
Check out a few pics from Ushers New Look 15 Year Anniversary Luncheon:
*Photo Credit: Moses Robinson, Imed Patman and Joni Heart Photography